Thursday, March 18, 2010

Anthropologie: Openwork Vines Skirt IRL Review

I love this skirt, but I don't know what top to wear it with. The skirt falls nicely and has a bit of a flare at the bottom (more so than pictured) and the scallops are pretty. I am not sure about the tie at the waist as I tend to wear shirts out vs. tucked in since I'm petite. The skirt fits true to size. I tried it on with a few tops (the Friendly Competition Top, a chambray tunic top that is on sale and no longer online, and the Bright Side Blouse). Which one looks the best? For one, I prefer to have sleeves, second, I need a woven top and not a knit top that shows every roll. So you see the dilemma. I would like the Bright Side top if the sleeves were longer and the tie didn't compete with the tie of the skirt. I like the chambray but there are puffed sleeves and it is really long. I'd probably like it with the chambray perfect shirt at JCrew or Old Navy chambray boyfriend shirt better. The Friendly Competition top is sweet, feminine, a little bohemian, but not sure I want to bare that much arm. I could just forget the tie and wear something untucked which I would plan to do when wearing this skirt more casual anyway.
Outfit Idea with a couple accessories I already own (I have the pastel version of the earrings and a similar black platform/stiletto Mary Jane pump.) Does anyone else wish that when a piece of jewelry is made that there would always be a set (ie. matching or coordinating pieces so you don't have to spend time looking elsewhere)? Same with shoes, there should always be a matching belt. In fact they could sell them in sets as far as I'm concerned. 

Left Top: JCrew Slub Cotton Perfect Shirt
Right Top: Old Navy Boyfriend Shirt
Earrings: Anthropologie Corvus Earrings
Necklaces
Left: Kate Space Lady Marmalade Large Ball Necklace
Middle: Kate Spade Lady Marmalade Ball Charm Necklace 
Right: Kenneth Jay Lane Disco Ball Necklace
Shoes: Baker Carsen Pumps


No comments:

Post a Comment